Monica James - Muncie City Council, District 4
I’m a Wife, Mother of 3 and Grandmother of 2.
I have lived in Muncie as an adult since 1996.
In my earlier years I attended elementary and high school in Muncie. I have volunteered over 16 years in Muncie Community Schools.
I served as a Parent Advisory for Muncie Community Schools.
I have dedicated my life to serving the Greater Good of Muncie Residents.
I have done community outreach for the past 10 years and hosted the Unity In The Community Walk the past 4 years and this fall will be 5 years.
I love family time and getting to know people.
I’m always available to anyone who needs to talk or help.
I believe people's word is their bond and as Civil Servants, it is our responsibility to bring that back to government. We must restore people's faith back into their votes.
- Monica James
Campaign Status: Ballot access achieved.
(Interested in volunteering? Send a message below!)
Here's what you can expect from Monica James as an elected member of the city council.
- She will Vote to Invest Tif funds into the community that needs them the most.
- She believes in transparency - She will Meet with district #4 on a regular basis and listen to the community she represents.
- She will work on balancing the Muncie Budget before the State takes over the city, which could be next.
- She will fight for Voting Rights - It’s important not to disenfranchise our voters.
- She will work on ways to get the city and county to come together and fix our sewage system and our streets.
- She will find ways to create affordable housing and get jobs into our community that pay better wages.
- She doesn't believe politicians should make a career off the backs of taxpayers.
All Green Party candidates support the Ten Key Values.